Forums
Unread 10-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Default XPERIA Panels Developer Competition Coming

Quote:
We've seen the enhanced Sony Ericsson Panels page. We've heard about the update to the XPERIA Windows Mobile 6.1 SDK. We've heard about Spb creating a Panel version of their app. Put them all together and it seems like the recent XPERIA news has been all about Panels and developers. Well, more good news to developers. You might want to start sharpening your Panels development skills since rumor has it that come November 14, Sony Ericsson is launching a Panels developer competition. According to David Cushman:Now Sony-Ericsson's X1 is entering the fray with a competition for individual developers - and it's one that'll showcase your work and land the winner an X1 of their own (worth a fare chunk of cash in itself). If you're one such, here's an early heads-up. The site hosting the competition doesn't go live until November 14. But take it from me, it's coming (I know, because the company I work for is building it right now!).This is actually great news for everyone. While developers slug it out to create the best Panels, consumers will have more Panels to choose from.
Read the full article.
Unread 10-29-2008, 08:51 AM

Great, take that CNET Asia! I was hopeful for something like this. A lot of the current panels are filler IMO. I can't wait to have a load of genuinely useful panels as well as shallow super cool ones

I might have a look at the SDK myself.

There's a post over at xdadevelopers about panels people would like to see. I suggest putting your ideas in there and if people look at it, we could have a load of this in the next few weeks!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=440017

Last edited by mudstuff : 10-29-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Unread 10-29-2008, 09:58 AM

wonder if anybody will make a close of the iphone app "i'm rich" :P
Unread 10-29-2008, 10:02 AM

Thanks mudstuff. I'll pass on the news of the comp. BTW the winner gets to have their panel installed on the next batch of X1s to ship, too.
Unread 10-29-2008, 10:11 AM

Cool. I'm looking forward to some weird and wonderful panels in the near future!
Unread 10-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Oh cool! Thanks for the info David! I guess the next batch will be the US version?

Welcome to inxperia as well!
Unread 11-03-2008, 05:27 AM

Hi All, looks like I was somewhat misled about the competition - because it's live already!!!! Find out more here: Faster Future: Publishing possibilities now and beyond: Sony-Ericsson X1 developer competition NOW ON Closing date is November 30. Good luck to everyone having a go!
Unread 11-03-2008, 06:36 AM

Quote:
...a competition for individual developers...
According to the rules, individuals are not eligible..