Forums

Go Back   inxperia xperia forums > XPERIA > XPERIA X1
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-04-2009, 01:06 PM

Default So it's now july, which means i've had my phone for about 9 months.

And there just seems to be nothing anywhere for it.

Where are these millions of panels that we were promised? There must be 10 in total.

Everything is so f**king slow. All the time. Basic things like trying to answer an incoming phonecall takes a few seconds.

It isn't my phone alone - I'm on my 3rd phone now because of random breaks, crashes etc. Thank god i got insurance.

For the amount of money paid for it, it has been very dissapointing.

I was expecting it to be fully customisable - in a way that didn't involve me using Visual Studio.

Where are these things SE promised me?? Where are the firmware updates to make it faster? One update in the lifetime of a very slow running phone is ludicrous. The n97 came out litterally last week and already it has a firmware update!

I really feel SE have pissed all over us with this phone.
Unread 07-04-2009, 10:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jim Haynes Send a message via MSN to Jim Haynes

I completely agree with you Dook. I have the X1a and I honestly do not use the panels that much but yes, the phone is quite slow. Sometimes I hit 1,000 or so text messages in my SMS inbox every 3 or so days and it simply grinds the phone to a halt. Little things like resetting the phone and then the volume is at the maximum level, is also quite a pain.

Really unfortunate to hear that you are on your third phone, since having downtime between phones is quite a hassle. At most I've had to do a hard reset a few times but that is about it.

But all said, I am still satisfied with the phone but obviously not satisfied with Sony Ericsson.
Unread 07-05-2009, 11:45 AM

have you guys tried using custom ROM's? It completely changed how I use this phone.

I'm now using a lite custom ROM with SPB mobile shell 3.1 on it and I can honestly say it made the phone 100x better.
Unread 07-07-2009, 02:43 PM

Hi Witness,

Do you have a link to this ROM?

Currently my phones back at the repair shop - if it does come back repaired then i'd defiantely be interested in anything i can to really speed this thing up.

In a way though i'm hoping me they say it cannot be fixed. If this is the case, they've now discontinued it so i'll be looking at getting a new phone - possibly an N97 or a Touch Pro 2.

Do you have a link to this ROM you are using? Also, what kinds of changes does it make? Litterally just speed changes or is it fundamental changes to the actual phone?

I think it's ludicrous that people are having to do this kind of speedup on the phone at home. I'm also assuming it's illegal, which too is ludicrous.
Unread 07-09-2009, 11:47 AM

It's July.
So I use my one from 1st of January.

On the R1. And surprisingly, this is a very fast device.

What I have learned through this short WM course is that SOME
applications slow down the OS miserably and I cannot tell why.
After uninstall all is back to fine!

Also very rarely some internal conflicts appear which slow down this also,
however after dealing with it all is great. Like sometimes mms makes trouble..... Once mms came when talking photo and it made a 10MB log!
Once also I saved pic from mms to a contact and it also made a little trouble.

But my x1 is still very fast.. And never upgraded!
Unread 07-10-2009, 09:14 AM

I've just recieved my phone back, repaired, from SE.

There was nothjing wrong with the screen, but for whatever reason they've replaced that and tweeked everything.

It's running so fast. Seriously. The internet is really really fast too. I'm very impressed.

This is how they should all be out of the box!!

Shame it's taken me 3 times to get the phone properly!
Unread 10-18-2009, 02:28 PM

I got mine in November 08 and it is almost unusable now! So slow, call quality is terrible! I have given up trying to do anything other than call or text with it now and even that is a painful experience!
Unread 10-19-2009, 05:10 AM

@darloboy,

what's up? Apparently you missed something in your device care!
Or installed crap....

Well 19 Oct means I use X1 as my only mobile device for 10 months.

On the first FW, and must say - there's no flawless software on the earth,

but X1 is the best SE smartphone I've had (a 5th one, after all P series).

I always clean my temp folders and uninstall anything making trouble.
I mean it's like a computer: easy to screw the system. Requires some care...

I want X2.
Unread 10-24-2009, 12:55 PM

That is the thing! I have no software installed to make it slow! I always clear out my folders, even the screen needs re-alignment on a daily basis now!

Nothing wrong with the care side of it, my last WM phone had no problems!
Unread 03-08-2010, 05:09 PM

Hey guys,

I too, have come to realize that the X1 is not and will never be the device Sony Ericsson said it would be.
I installed the 10 panels there are, even installed official and inofficial ROMs and used only the basic applications preinstalled. Yet it is terribly slow at even the most basic tasks (texting for example).

What's even worse: Almost all the tweaks/updates/apps that were actually useful have come from HTC, not Sony Ericsson. I already see this repeating with the Xperia X2 and less obviously with the Xperia X10. The new Xperia X10 is slow as hell and they promise they'll fix it just like they said they would with the X1. Know what? They won't.

I'm going to get a HTC with Android and Sense, they're cheaper *and* better supported!